It’s been a year and four months since I’ve become or classified myself as a vegan. This may have been the best decision thus far in my life. Being vegan is fun. It helps me enhance my creativity. I’m able to take a variety of foods and create something with pizzazz and spice.
VEGAN FOOD IS NOT BORING!
Vegans can create healthier alternatives of your favorite junk foods, for instance: bacon cheeseburgers, chicken and waffles and ice cream.
In this day and age, people aren’t getting enough nutrients due to their poor eating habits (especially in America). Americans love eating fast food, thus having the highest heart disease rate in the world. So what can we do to prevent this?
- Monitor what you eat daily/weekly
- Incorporate more vegetables and fruits in your daily diet.
- If you do eat meat/fish: try baking instead of frying. Add natural spices and herbs (not Sazón)
- Go to the doctor monthly to test your blood sugar levels, heart rate, blood pressure and cholesterol.
- Beware of foods that are high in fat and very greasy.
- Exercise to keep the body, blood and heart healthy.
In reference to exercising: Don’t think just because you exercise and still eat fast food it won’t affect you. What you consume and the artificial ingredients will still latch onto your organs, slowly making them sick.
Let’s start eating healthier so that we will live longer and breed a healthier generation.